Monday, November 25, 2013

Sebastian Inlet State Park- Atlantic & Gulf Coasts in a day.

We've been at Sebastian a little over two weeks and we are beginning to learn our way around and get to know some of the other volunteers. Our job here isn't near as fun as it was at Huntington, but the work is easy. We work 2 1/2 days then we are off 4, cleaning shower houses and campsites. The park is situated between the intercostal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River.   Beautiful clear waters and the fishing is supposed to be good. I'll let you know once I try my hand at it.

The first Sunday and Monday in Florida I spent at my friend Angie's in Lakeland. She needed a friend to take her for eye surgery and it gave us a chance to visit. So in a matter of two days I was both on the Atlantic and the Gulf coasts. This past weekend T & I went over to Lakeland again.  T helped Angie with fixing and installing things in her new home.

Also we drove over to Odessa, FL, where I test drove a few recumbent trikes and ordered one.  I'm sure those of you who know me aren't shocked.  I'm into something new.  A recumbent trike is a three wheel trike/bike with two wheels in the front and one in the back.  You sit in a mesh (hammock) type seat.  I plan to ride daily once it arrives and can hardly wait.  When it arrives I'll be sure to take pictures and post them.

The night of the full moon, the park hosted an outdoor concert with the Country Classics Band. The music was great! There was a steel guitar and the man playing it could really make it sing.  They played for four hours.  We had a great time and found out that the park hosts a concert every month on the night of the full moon.  Next month they will have a "Jimmy Buffett band".  We are looking forward to it.

I went fishing today and I caught three flounder.  One was too small and one got away, but the one I kept was enough for dinner.  I brought it home, and fried it up.  I was excited to think I caught dinner and I was only out a few hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment