Thursday, April 25, 2013

Friends, Friends! Oh the catching up we are doing!

We arrived in Phoenix, Sunday, a few hours before our first get together with friends to celebrate our friend, Cleo M's retirement.

Monday afternoon, I met with my dear friend Karen P. It was great spending time with her and hearing about what's going on in her life. Monday night we had dinner with Cleo's son and his family along with Cleo's brother and his wife and continued the celebration of Cleo's retirement.

Tuesday afternoon, I met Heather M. for lunch and caught up on the happenings in her life. Tuesday evening we met Ray & Joann F., volunteer friends from Kartchner, for dinner at Miner's Camp restaurant. Great restaurant and great location. It sits at the base of the Superstition Mountains.

Superstition Mountains in Arizona


Jo Ann & Ray 
Wednesday, I had a 2 1/2 hour lunch with a couple of friends, whom I hadn't seen since last January. Since we couldn't coordinate timing so that we could get together at the same time I selected a restaurant, met with Karen T. then waited for Lynn P.  How great it was to see each of them and reconnect after a year. Later that afternoon friends came over for a visit and then we went to Filly's for dinner.

Thursday I met Marcia D. & Jan B. for lunch at the Phoenix Grill, another great restaurant. That evening I joined my old book club for their annual planning meeting. What great fun to see so many friends at once and hear about great books to read.

Saturday, we went over to Peoria to visit friends and spent the afternoon and evening catching up on the happenings in their lives.

Sunday, before heading out, we met Anthony & Belinda B for breakfast.  It's always special spending time with Anthony.

As you can tell I loved
the reconnections! Unfortunately, I was unable to see everyone.  To those of you I missed, please know you are in my thoughts.

T and I will have to go on a diet starting next week to get off the excess weight from all the dinning out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment