Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cruising in the Bahamas



So how was my trip to Florida and the Bahamas, you ask?  It was great.  I had the chance to visit with an extended family.  Heather's family adopted T & I about 11 years ago and we've attended several of their family reunions.  The cruise was a family reunion event and I loved getting to know more of the "family".



July 21-26


We left Jacksonville, FL on Carnival Fascination around 4:00 pm on Saturday headed for Half Moon Cay (pronounced key). Sunday was a day at sea, where we just relaxed on the ship, had few drinks, dined in style and played cards until midnight.

Glo, Buck, Gay & Michael













We arrived at Half Moon Cay on Monday and spent part of the day on the island, baking in the heat and humidity.  The sky was clear and the water magnificent.  

Beautiful water fountain


Carnival Fascination off Half Moon Cay


On day 4 we arrived at Nassau and disembarked to take in the sights.  



Tia, Heather & Glo (me)

Heather and I decided to do things a little differently from the rest.  We rented a scooter car and headed for the outer areas of Nassau.  One of us had to ride with the scooter rental guy to go get the scooter car.  Of course me being the crazy woman that I am I jumped on the back of the moped and off we went.  The ride on the back of the moped was both exciting and frightening.  David drove fast and between cars and for a moment or two I wondered if I'd survive the trip.
Glo & David (Scooter rental guy)

Once I got back to Heather with the car we were off and running.  At times it seemed as if we were running.  The car's max speed was 25 miles an hour.  In the Bahamas they drive on the left side of the road.  That made for some exciting moments, when either Heather or I would forget which side we needed to be on.  We drove all around the island and saw beautiful homes and fabulous beaches.  We even saw a home that looked like a light house.




Ocean View @ Nassau
Glo enjoying the water.
Heather & Glo (our Scooter Car) back at the dock, safe and sound.


Of course I had to have a picture with the gorgeous Royal Bahamas Policeman.




Royal Bahamas Policeman

After an exhilarating day of fun and laughter, we boarded the ship and headed back to Jacksonville.  Our last day on ship was spent enjoying the sun, the food and the company and taking pictures.







1 comment:

  1. It looks like a wonderful trip. Glad you survived both the moped ride and driving on the left. :)

    ReplyDelete