Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hot, humid and buggy.

I know I shouldn't complain when the rest of the country is suffering under the extreme heat, but....

I'm not used to humidity with high heat.  In Arizona we have heat, but if air is blowing on you, you cool off.  Here it's suffocating. All we did today was our 1 1/2 hours of work and then laid around trying to get the energy to do something.  We finally turned the A/C on for more than 5 minutes and we stayed inside most of the day.  Oh! It isn't just the heat that kept us inside.  The misquotes are nuts.  We cover ourselves with bug repellent and they still attack us and fly around our ears.  It was too much for me, so inside I stayed.  We are expecting another hot day tomorrow.  I know. I know.  It isn't hot by everyone else's standards.  By Monday though we'll be back in the 70's.  I guess I can stand a couple of days of heat, humidity and mosquitoes.

Maybe tomorrow we'll have enough energy to get out and go somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom,

    I suppose you can't win'em all. May the mosquitoes all die of bird flu. If only. To keep things in perspective though, the mosquitoes in Venice this last weekend were all Italian and didn't understand a word I said to them. They forced us to keep our windows closed at night, which didn't help our tiny swamp cooler much. I think we only slept through the heat and mugginess due to complete exhaustion. Your travels otherwise sound stupendous. Thanks for sharing. -Your son in Europe

    ReplyDelete